At Slade Veterinary Hospital, Inc., we combine our training and knowledge to ensure your pet’s health and wellness. We recommend that your pets have a wellness exam at least annually to assess, detect, treat, and prevent problems before they become life-threatening. These annual exams give us an opportunity to get to know you and your pet’s lifestyle and tailor a preventative plan to his or her healthcare needs. It also allows us to monitor chronic health conditions and make recommendations accordingly.
Services we provide include:
- Routine annual physical with “nose-to-tail” examinations
- Personalized vaccination schedule
- Tickborne disease screening and preventative recommendations
- Nail trims
- Behavior counseling
- Diagnostic digital radiography and ultrasound
- Complete laboratory testing, available in-house or via a reference laboratory
- Medication consultation with a fully stocked in-house pharmacy
- Hospitalization and nursing care (office hours only)
- Referral to board-certified specialists, if necessary
Visit our PetPourri shop for a complete line of:
- Veterinary diets
- Tasty treats
- Handy grooming tools
- The latest chew toys
- And much more!
If your pet is not feeling his or her best, we are here to help! We offer medical appointments seven days a week to evaluate your pet’s current health concerns. A full “nose-to-tail” exam is performed, assessing all major organ systems and vital parameters such as heart rate, respiratory rate, and temperature. Following the exam, additional diagnostics such as bloodwork and imaging may be recommended. A complete in-house pharmacy allows us to prescribe the most pertinent medications for your pet. For all of your pet’s health concerns, you can be assured that we are here for you.
Pictured: Dr. Gail Schmieder, with technician Jessy (CVT), performing a wellness exam on Nellie.